Tuesday 14 February 2012

My funny Valentine

Today, and every day. Instead of marrying someone I could live with, I found someone I can't live without. My greatest hope in this life is is that we get to grow old together, and realise our fancy of racing down Eastbourne sea front on mobility scooters with matching purple rinses.

In celebration of my fine figure of a man, here are a few pics - the night we met, when he proposed and the champagne we drunk that evening, and our wedding day. And the reading from the Wedding Singer that we had at our wedding. Words become more true every day. Hopeful of many more happy times together to come...





Grow Old With You, by Adam Sandler

I want to make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I want to do is grow old with you.

I'll get you medicine when your tummy aches
I'll build you a fire if the furnance breaks
It could be so nice, growing old with you.

I'll miss you, kiss you,
Give you my coat when you are cold;
I'll need you, feed you,
And even let you hold the remote control.

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink.
I want to grow old with you.

2 comments: