Wednesday 16 March 2011

Electric dreams


Another early wake up this morning, although I was asleep by 9pm last night so I guess I can't really grumble! I've had a few late nights recently and I think it had all caught up with me a bit. And telling my boss about my situation (which went really well) had used my last bit of nervous energy so I was totally wiped out when I got home. I just about had enough energy to make some dinner and then it was game over - feel a bit sorry for the Boy just now, he's not getting a lot of quality time with his Mrs. An indication of what is to come I expect!

I am finding my dreams at the moment really bizarre. They are very colourful and flit from one dramatic scenario to another, often including faces from my past who I haven't seen for many years. I'm not sure there is a method to the madness, although it feels like some anxieties and tensions are being played out.

Only one of my dreams - so far - has featured a baby. A dream I had on Saturday night was that I had given birth to a baby boy who we called (somewhat bizarrely as it's not a name I like!) Leonard. He was also born with a mouthful of teeth! That detail is I'm sure the result of a conversation I had with a friend's wife recently, who was talking about one of her NCT mums having a baby who already had teeth and so she wasn't able to breastfeed him. My mind is obviously working overtime on that one... :-)

I'm not finding any of the dreams troubling or upsetting. Even thought they feature anxiety themes, they are not particularly frightening or unsettling. And I feel relaxed when I wake up, and stay that way for the most part throughout the day. So perhaps it is better I'm working through the nerves in my dream life, not my reality. Long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment